Type 2 Diabetes is the most common type of diabetes that affects people. Most likely, it occurs in mid aged adults and seldom happens in children. Unlike Type 1 Diabetes, the best part about Type 2 Diabetes is that the disease can be treated with the help of medical professionals. However, you must notice the Type 2 Diabetes early signs and symptoms so that you can begin with an effective treatment. It is better if you are aware about all the latest research that is happening regarding Type 2 Diabetes as well as all the latest news relating to the disease, it will help you in taking better care of your health. Let’s know more about Type 2 Diabetes which is so common these days.
What happens in Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 Diabetes is different from Type 1 in many ways and one of the major reasons is that in this case, even if the pancreas produces enough insulin, the body resists it. This is one of the most common causes of Diabetes. However, it can also happen if the pancreas doesn’t produce sufficient insulin which is common in all kinds of this sugar disease.
Causes of Type 2 Diabetes
There are many causes for this type of Diabetes mellitus. Below are some of the major causes of Type 2 Diabetes which are very common in almost all those who suffer from it.
- Your pancreas doesn’t produce enough insulin that is required to take the sugar from your body and make it available for the cells.
- At times, your pancreas produces a fine amount of insulin but your body resists it due to several reasons. This is one of the major Type 2 Diabetes causes which are commonly found.
- Low level of activity, sedentary lifestyle and other such living factors including your daily diet can also be a cause of Type 2 Diabetes. This can also have an adverse effect on organs such as limbs in the long run.
Signs and Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
Most of the Type 2 Diabetes symptoms are similar to that of Type 1 diabetes and only proper diagnosis can let you know which one have you got. However, one of the most astonishing things about it is sometimes, there can be no signs of Type 2 Diabetes and you may still have it. Below are the most common Type 2 Diabetes signs and symptoms which you must keep a check on.
- You may experience high levels of hunger and thirst which can later transform to excessive or frequent urination.
- Your vision may start to deteriorate and it can get blurry at times. This is the reason why a lot of doctors conduct an eye test to check whether you have diabetes or not.
- Some people also experience that wounds take long to heal.
- If you gain a lot of weight in a short duration, this can be a symptom for Type 2 Diabetes as well.
Type 2 Diabetes in Adults
This is one of the most common types of diabetes that adults suffer from. Both men and women stand an equal chance of being diagnosed by Type 2 Diabetes. But since it is curable, many types of treatment have begun to surface. However, the best way to combat Type 2 Diabetes in adults is by leading a healthy lifestyle and eating good food which most of the people ignore these days.
Type 2 Diabetes in Children
Mostly children suffer from Juvenile Diabetes which is Type 1 Diabetes but at times, even kids can be diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Although Type 2 Diabetes in children is not a common thing and may rarely happen you must keep checking your child for early signs of diabetes in children. This can go a long way in prevention of the disease and making sure that your child is healthy.
Type 2 Diabetes in Pregnancy
Pregnant mothers must always keep their blood sugar range in check or it might have bad effects on health of the child. Most of the pregnant women suffer from gestational diabetes as it can be one of the pregnancy symptoms during which the female body goes through a lot of ups and downs. Following a balanced diet is suggested to diabetic pregnant women to avoid other kinds of pregnancy complications.
Breastfeeding induces Oxytocin in a woman and thus it can help make the mother feel better if she is suffering from diabetes. It is also one of the natural low blood sugar level treatments which can instantly lower the sugar level in a mother’s blood. One of the daunting facts about pregnant women having diabetes is that the chances of birth defects rise up to four times when they are going through the disease.
Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes
People who look for various preventive measures of diabetes are often handed an exercise prescription which can help a lot in not only preventing diabetes but a lot of other complex diseases. The other thing that you can do is have a proper meal plan and follow it, this will also help you reduce your weight and be more fit.
Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
There are many ways of Type 2 Diabetes treatment and your doctor will effectively guide you through all of it. However, what you can do on your part includes having a food chart and following a diet plan. You must also exercise daily even though it’s for a small duration. Drugs and oral medication are definitely the necessary requirements for the treatment. Also, if your body is not producing enough insulin, you may be required to take insulin therapy which can help in increasing its production. Else, treatment without insulin is also an option. Cure through Yoga is also possible for Type 2 Diabetes but one cannot fully be dependent upon it.
Home Remedies of Type 2 Diabetes
The following food items are said to be a natural cure for Type 2 Diabetes and you can start including it in your diet as they have a good impact and effect on immune system to make it strong. Since the risk factors are pretty high, you must consult a doctor if you are diagnosed with the disease.
- ‘Bitter Gourd’ can be effective to treat Type 2 Diabetes.
- ‘Cinnamon’, ‘Indian Gooseberry’ as well as ‘Aloe Vera‘ are said to be the food items that can help in curing the disease.
- Fruits such as ‘Avocado’ and ‘Guava’ are also very effective for the disease.